Beginning

How do I begin?  Blogging has not come naturally to me.  Give me pen and paper and I can go to town...writing away.  But sit me in front of a computer and the same process, though it seems it would be easier, gets bogged down and stunted.  I heard an author recently talking about his process.  He lays on his back and dictates to someone who is typing and has a couple of other writers there to listen and help his process.  I would never be able to work under those conditions.  Nonetheless, I am now an official blogger here on blogger.com.

I named my blog "stolen moments" because any time that I have to sit quietly and think, read, or write feels to me like I am stealing the time away from something else.  As a wife and mother, chauffeur, art teacher, etc...I usually have more than a few tasks or people calling for my attention at any given moment.  So any time that I can quiet the din from without and take a moment to think, listen, and "be" is a gift.

I relish each quiet moment where I am truly alert and engaged.  These nourish my soul.

Comments

Popular Posts