Rebooting Finale: Looking Up

As I have titled the posts for this special week, "Rebooting", I had in mind that I would end my Holy Week stories with Easter and resurrection.

But I can't fully tell this story without mentioning that my family has extended me so much grace as I was walked through a tough season.  All of my kids have been so sweet to me.  Faith and I share a car and so our lives have been very streamlined and tied together.  Most 21 year olds would really hate this.  She has instead been a buoy.  Without her sense of humor, I would be sunk.

David is pulled in so many directions and has had to pull far more than his fair share lately.  One afternoon David and I were in the midst of a conversation about our relationship.  David was trying to understand where I was at and was asking questions that I couldn't really answer.  Finally I said to him tearfully, "Can you love me while I am unloveable?"  His whole demeanor changed, his answer was swift and positive, "Yes!  Absolutely, I can do that!"  He said, as he reached out to hug me.  He just needed me to ask.  What a stunning visual of sacrificial love.  It is a Jesus kind of love.

Jesus loved us to the grave and back.

He may have "ordained" a sabbatical that I didn't ask for, but he also made a way back for me.

As I look at the new works coming to life in my studio, I am amazed.  Like the dark screen on the computer has finally come to life again.  I can't believe that I am working again, as an artist.

This week had another first:  a "self-portrait". It shows me as I am in this moment:  "Looking up."




Happy Easter!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! It's stunning. You totally captured you and that flower is full blossom! Awesome picture can't wait to see it up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I have loved your writing and your art this week. Thanks for sharing God at work in your life. He always is and you are a dear, dear and dearly loved friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts