A Very Full Month+

There has been so much going on lately!  We celebrated Paul's graduation from UofH.  David moved James back from College for the Summer.  I finished the 2-Year Spiritual Direction Course that I took through Sustainable Faith.  I have taught some watercolor and silk painting classes.

We enjoyed family in from New York and California coming to Houston:

I have done a very little bit of painting on "The Mural":


We got to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary in Marble Falls after we dropped Stephen off at Camp Peniel.  (Only a month after the fact.)


We had a short visit with Betty & Blanton as they passed through town.  

In the midst of these things and so much more, I have been trying to get a good rhythm going of doing art.  So just a couple of nights ago, I was encouraging someone who is diving into painting with great zeal, that soon they may find themselves working on more than one painting at a time.

During a quiet moment later, these words floated back into my consciousness.   I went into my studio and started two paintings, each one is 24x36.  The next day, as I continued laying down paint I discovered a whole new acrylic medium that is meant to slow down the drying process.  It seems to affect everything in a few difference ways.  Drying time, transparency, viscosity and more that I haven't even discovered. So now, I am spending every spare moment painting.  I had forgotten this flow of creative energy.  I have had it in spurts lately, but now, it has begun flowing.

"How He Loves" detail

Comments

Popular Posts