Covid, Cancer, Chemo, Covid


 Covid, Cancer, Chemo, Covid...


As I begin to re-enter the world, how can I express the immense gratitude I have for life itself?!  It is as though I am waking up from a dream, as I begin to experience life within my body and mind in greater measures. 


This year was marked by physical symptoms that had me trying everything to "be well".  In the midst of this search, Covid-19 caused the shut down of the world as we knew it. Six weeks into shut-down, a new diagnosis of an aggressive lymphoma lead to a protocol of chemo (R-CHOP). For three months I was a chemo hermit in the midst of pandemic.  This meant that every M.D. Anderson appointment, procedure, test, etc.. was attended alone. This means that to have someone bring soup by was a mask-wearing social-distancing event and that there were no frivolous visits from friends and even family had to be cautious around my fragile immunity.


I was carried by a large community of friends and acquaintances and beyond. That is probably the sweetest part of this journey, having the cancer, care, and prayers of far more people than I can count. Then having the rejoicing of those same people as I rang the bell, indicating the end of treatment, as a cancer-free person. Woo-Hoo!! I'm still celebrating!!! And now I can gain my very own "covid 15"!

Comments

Popular Posts