Stepping Stones...

As I prepare to have an Open Studio event, I have pulled out some of the pieces that I did along the way to becoming an artist.  For so long, I didn't really want to part with my art.  I guess I have become past that now.  In fact, part of me wants to have everything gone, so as to provide the clear mental space to create new art.

So I have cleared out the closets and have these older works spread throughout our game room.  Each time I pass them, I am struck by this visual trail of my journey.  Each one is a stepping stone to the next.  I am blessed to see it, and I am finally ready to part with it all.  Old, new, favorites, unfinished...I am letting go.  It feels good.  Even if these don't go to new homes, the process of being willing to part with it gives me a new sense of freedom.




Comments

Popular Posts