A Spontaneous Art Lesson

My good friend Jackie came by to paint with me yesterday.  It had been discussed previously as something that we would do "sometime".  She messaged me in the morning and was available.  I had been trying to get into "painting mode" for two solid days.  "Yes come!" I said.  She brought her paints and I began to squirt out color onto her blank palette.  We chose a picture of a beach, and painted some undertones on some canvas boards.  Funny how even painting random colors on these old recycled canvas boards just helped me breathe more deeply, feel less stressed and more alive.

We had fun mixing colors and filling our canvas with sky blues and ocean greens and blues.  The whites of the frothy waves stood out against all the bright and deep colors.  It was a good day.  After Jackie left, I painted the same scene on a small canvas.  I then began adding patterned paper elements and fun surreal elements.  I am not sure if it is finished...but it is colorful and fun.



Comments

  1. Wow, love how it emerged and what washed up in doing it. Love how art makes it all come clearer. Can't wait to see this Lisa! You go girl. Thanks for being brave and sharing your art and your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts