Ten New Aprons

I have an old cotton chef's apron.  When I bought it, it was pristine white.  It was lightweight so I could forget I was wearing it, except I knew it was there.  It would be my blotting rag when my brush was too wet.  It was my hand towel.  It was long (for my short frame) so it protected even a large portion of long pants.  For a sloppy paint slinger like myself, it was invaluable.

I don't know how many years I have relied on this trusty apron.  It has some holes in it now, they have been catching on the drawer pulls in my kitchen for more than a year.  I looked for a replacement, but most aprons I saw were either too bulky, too frilly, or too pretty.  I wasn't looking hard until I decided that I would provide aprons for any future art classes/clients.  Somehow, shopping now was a quest, and I fairly easily found an online restaurant supply company  that carried the apron I wanted for only $2+.

They came in the mail yesterday:  ten pristine white aprons.  They are just like my old one, except without the holey, colorful, dirty history.

Comments

  1. Soon they will have a history too. What a deal you are quite a shopper! I love how they are waiting for your students with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts