Finishing Things...

Have you ever finished a project, a book, a task?  How does that feel?  No, I really am curious.  Usually, this "finishing" thing eludes me.  If I am reading a fiction book, I finish the story and wish for more.  But if I am reading a non-fiction work, especially pertaining to a concept or idea, I almost never read to the end.  I get really excited as I read the beginning.  I then ponder that thought for a while.  I go back and re-read it.  Absorb it.  I do this several times, getting through a good portion of the book.  I get just enough of what they are saying and my attention trails off....  You may be appalled, but sometimes, I even forget I was reading that particular book.  Too many thoughts to think.  They push one another out.  Just call me Butterbur (Innkeeper of the Prancing Pony in the Fellowship of the Ring.)  Thank goodness the balance of good and evil in middle-earth isn't affected by my remembering things.  Poor Mr. Butterbur was not so fortunate.

So anyway, I have been working on some home sewing projects for many moons.  Today I got really motivated to focus and finish.  I was a woman on a mission!  I went straight to the wooden wardrobe with all of the fabric I have collected and used and saved and started pulling stuff out.  Since I had to get it out anyway, I decided I might as well organize and refold fabric.  (My den project fabric ended up being at the bottom of the wardrobe, of course!)

Now mind you, this all started at about 5:15am this morning and while I was quite gung ho for a couple of hours, I started petering out about 7:15am.  Hmmm...might as well take a cat nap.  So while I took a quick nap, David got up and saw the living room (home of the fabric warehouse, I mean wardrobe.)  He immediately thought our dog Storm had been having a hey day and made this mess.  (It was so organized and well-folded, how could he think such a thing?)

I was back up at 8:00am and put it all back except for the fabric for the den and about 12 yards of fabric that I had previously purposed and re-purposed.  I had a eureka moment and now there are plans for new draperies in the living room.  This is not good since I do need to focus on my previous projects instead of getting excited abou new ideas.  But they are so exciting!  I am going to...oops.  I will HAVE to tell you later.  I MUST focus on the den.

Focus, focus, focus on the den.  Focus, f0cu$, foggy, dreamy.....oh dear.


Comments

Popular Posts