A Year of Wonder

As December rains bring in a new cool front and an awareness of this year coming to a close, I find myself wanting to savor every last minute of it.  In January 2015, I chose my word of intention for the year: Wonder.  Looking back over the year I know I had some of the highest highs and the lowest lows. 

I am filled with wonder at the awareness that I am fully alive and can fully experience pain and joy, sickness and health, love and loss, faith and doubt, sight and blindness, prosperity/success and poverty.  Each of these things, whether they seem negative or positive, brings a gift.  Even within the pain and losses of life there is a potential and possibility for a new aliveness.  This has been my journey in a nutshell and I treasure it, delight in it.

I prepare to enter a new year, knowing it will bring new challenges and new gifts.  For now, it is shrouded in mystery, like the wrapped gifts under a Christmas tree.

Hoping that any who read this can become awakened to and "wonder-filled" at the miracle of being alive. 




Comments

Popular Posts