What Remains Undone...

I sit with my tea enjoying the early morning hour; darkness cloaks the scene outside my window. I find a rest and enjoyment in these dark hours before dawn, and it strikes me as to one reason I prefer this time of day: I cannot see the glaring need to do a million tasks.  The sole light is the glow of the Christmas tree and as I cast my gaze over the full scene, I realize that even my hastily hung wreath with only 5 ornaments versus the 50 that it should have, is beautiful as it is.

I find myself wondering what rest I can find in viewing the things I have left undone in this soft light. If rather than mentally lamenting the things undone, I can notice what was included in my weeks leading to Christmas that have brought myself or others peace, joy, and love.

Today I plan to use this new lens to see the messes left behind and the unfinished Christmas decor differently. My goal is to see in the tasks undone the joy of the things that are the real Christmas: Family and friends that glow with the light that came into the world all of those years ago.


Comments

Popular Posts